Kodi – yes, that is precisely something that has gone popular with media lovers worldwide. One of the most popular and controversial media players, Kodi has caught the attention of all sorts of media lovers. It has been one of the most capable media players around, with its ability to stream from hundreds of thousands of sources from any part of the world. The powerful features that the app comes with have been the reason enough for the popularity and condemnation at the same time. We are aware you can install Kodi on several platforms. We will check out how to install Kodi on Fire Stick in today’s post.
Must know: Guide on how to install Aptoide ios and get in-app purchases for free.
Kodi is an all-powerful media streaming service that can easily be installed on a number of platforms. The cross-platform compatibility makes it a great option for all your media needs. Amazon’s Fire TV or Fire Stick is one such device that you would want to install Kodi on smart tv.
In fact, Fire TV and Fire Stick are the treated as the best options for Kodi install by most experts. However, there is still a catch here. You cannot download and install the Kodi app from the respective app stores. how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick, then? Here are a few methods you can follow to install Kodi on Firestick.
Well, there are a couple of methods you can attempt to install Kodi on Smart TV or your Amazon Fire Stick. Please note that these methods may or may not work in all cases.
Well, before you begin, you need to go through a few preparatory steps.
● Plug in your Amazon Fire Stick to your TV.
● Make sure you have enabled the apps installed from third-party sources. You can find the settings for the same by following the path – Settings ->System->Developer Options. Locate the option for Apps from unknown sources.
● Install the App labeled Downloader. You might have installed it in all probability. If not, you can just search for it and install it. You should find it in the Fire TV apps section.
● Launch the Downloader app you just installed.
● Type in http://kodi.tv/download, in the address bar and confirm by tapping Go.
● Choose the correct version of Kodi from the list of versions available. Ensure you have chosen 32 bit under the Release section.
● Wait till the file is downloaded.
● Once the download is completed, you should get a prompt to install. Confirm by tapping on Install.
● When you see the blank Kodi screen, select All, and then Install.
● Wait till the installation is completed.
That does it! You have successfully installed Kodi for Fire Stick. You should find the app for Your Apps And Games to run Kodi on Smart TV.
Please note that this is the simplest and the correct procedure for installing Kodi app on your Amazon Fire Stick. However, as we stated before – the method may not work in some cases. In such cases, you can check out one of the following methods.
The method should practically work on all Amazon Fire TV sticks. The method involves the steps to install Kodi on Fire Stick with PC.
You would need to download the Kodi APK on your PC or laptop and then install it on your Amazon Fire Stick using ADB Debugging.
Go through the steps outlined here –
● Connect your Fire Stick to your TV.
● Enable the app installation from the third party by following the steps as in the above method.
● Enable ADB debugging. You should find it under Settings ->System ->Developer Options.
● Find the IP Address on your Amazon Fire Stick. You may find it by following the path – Settings ->System ->About ->Network.
● Fire up your favorite browser on your PC or laptop and download the Kodi APK. You may also download it through the alternate link.
● Download adbLink. You can get the download links for Windows, Mac and Linux
● Open adbLink and click on New.
● Provide a name for your Fire Stick and Enter IP Address.
● Click on Save.
● Press Connect. The IP Address of your Fire Stick will be shown in the list of connected devices.
● Highlight the device and click on Install APK. Find the APK file you downloaded and choose it. Confirm when asked.
● You should now get a notification that ADB is running. Wait till the installation is complete.
● Press OK.
You have successfully installed Kodi App on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Apps2Fire is the Android application you can find on Google Play Store. You can install the app on your Android device and then use the app to transfer the Kodi app to your Amazon Fire Stick.
Follow these steps to install –
● Download Apps2Fire on your Android. You can easily find it on Google Play Store. You may also check it out on this link
● Connect your Fire Stick to the TV. Enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources.
● Access the IP Address of your Fire Stick as explained in the previous method.
● Download and install Kodi on your Android device.
● Launch Apps2Fire and open SETUP.
● Enter the IP Address of your Fire Stick and tap on SAVE.
● Now, launch MENU on the Apps2Fire app and tap on Upload Apps. Choose Kodi
That will do it. Kodi App will be installed on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Well, those are a few methods you can use to install Kodi app on your Amazon Fire Stick. Once you have installed the Kodi app, the next thing you would want to do is to install add-ons. Needless to say, Kodi is not much of use without its set of add-ons.
Kodi is indeed a powerful and versatile media player worth its salt. We would definitely advise you to install Kodi on Fire Stick. Of course, you can access video and music files from your local storage and opt for the add-ons to have access to a huge amount of extra content from online sources. If you have used any of the methods indicated here to install Kodi app on your Amazon Fire Stick, do share your opinions and experiences with the task.